Principal Computer Vision Scientist
Wednesday 15th May 2019
C-SATS, now part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute, is a first-of-its-kind performance improvement system for surgeons. Founded by a team of doctors, engineers, and biostatisticians at the University of Washington, we provide objective, quantitative feedback on surgeons' intra-operative skill. Once our hardware captures surgical video from operating rooms around the country, our software platform provides detailed performance evaluations using expert reviewers, non-technical crowds, and machine learning. By joining C-SATS, you will become part of a tight-knit, startup-minded team committed to improving medical outcomes and bringing state-of-the-art technology to healthcare.
C-SATS is the first machine learning platform for surgical education, and computer vision is at the core of what we do. On any given day in this role, you might:
- Develop computer vision and machine learning techniques to extract crucial information from surgical videos, using a variety of classical and deep learning approaches
- Collaborate with top medical practitioners and clinical advisors to understand the surgical signals that are most impactful to predict or detect
- Use a diverse variety of image sources, from stereo video streams, to CT scans, to VR
- Contribute to scoping and building new clinical datasets and data pipelines, including new open datasets
- Build models to support surgical decision-making in real time
- Advance the state of the art in the field, generating patents and publications
- Ensure that our machine learning models scale in production, including on edge devices or robotic platforms
- Provide thought leadership, roadmap input, and technical mentorship for other computer vision team members
Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Vision, or a related field required; PhD strongly preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- You're a seasoned professional with 10 years of experience applying computer vision in an industry setting, including work with video
- You have a track record of innovation in machine learning and computer vision, including patents and / or publications
- You’re proficient in Python, OpenCV, and major deep learning frameworks
- You’ve deployed deep learning models to production
- You’re strongly motivated to do state of the art work that has a concrete, positive impact on the world
- You want to join a small, scrappy, startup-style team and work full-time onsite in Seattle, WA
- Experience / interest in working with medical data sets
- Excellent written and spoken English
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
|Title||Principal Computer Vision Scientist|