PostDoc: Deep Learning and Retinal Image Analysis
Tuesday 8th October 2019
Medical University Of Vienna
OPTIMA Lab (optima.meduniwien.ac.at) is seeking an exceptionally motivated postdoc to strengthen our interdisciplinary retinal image analysis team. You will be leading exciting projects in Machine Learning for Healthcare.
The focus of the research project is on automated characterization of retinal pathology from 3D OCT images of human retina, and on learning and predicting patient-specific disease progression from very large-scale multimodal imaging and non-imaging data.
The successful candidate will be immersed into an interdisciplinary environment working closely with a team of computer scientists, software engineers and medical doctors. Advancements will have a real world impact on clinical management of patients suffering from retinal diseases, a leading cause of blindness today.
- PhD degree (or soon to be completed) in a relevant discipline (computer science, applied mathematics or related field)
- Strong background in machine and deep learning, computer vision or medical image analysis
- Relevant publication record in the field
- Excellent programming skills (Python, Julia, C/C++)
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, as well as written and oral communication skills in English are essential
- Your cover letter with a summary of your previous and present scientific activities and your motivations
- The 2 most significant publications
- Contact information of at least two references
Please send applications to: hrvoje.bogunovic (at) meduniwien.ac.at
Laboratory for Ophthalmic Image Analysis (OPTIMA) is an interdisciplinary research lab composed of retinal specialists, computer scientists and software engineers, developing innovative image analysis methods for precision medicine in retinal disease. Our research focus lies on the quantitative analysis of state-of-the-art ophthalmic imaging data, in particular OCT, and the development of prognostic disease models for improved patient management in leading eye diseases. The lab has access to extremely large sets of ophthalmic images and is well-equipped with a dedicated high-performance computing cluster containing the latest generation GPUs. The group keeps close collaboration with several high-performance academic research institutions, as well as partnership with imaging device and pharmaceutical companies.
The Medical University of Vienna is an international center of excellence and one of the largest research institutions in Europe located at the heart of historic Vienna. Vienna has recently been named the world's most liveable city for the tenth time!
Closing date: Nov 1st, 2019.
|Organization||Medical University Of Vienna|
|Title||PostDoc: Deep Learning and Retinal Image Analysis|