Postdoc (UNC at Chapel Hill)
Wednesday 9th September 2020
Open until filled up
The ACM Lab in the Department of Psychiatry, Computer Science, and Neuroscience Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill seeks a talented, highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a background in machine learning and/or biomedical image processing. The ACM Lab is developing software to support AI-driven techniques to rapidly diagnose, track, and treat neurodisorders.
Responsibilities for this position include a combination of:
● Developing deep-learning approaches for insight and analysis about mouse behavior from video
● Machine Learning: use your expertise in statistics and machine learning to analyze high dimensional medical imaging data
● Make it easy to get high quality, automated, results without expert intervention. Build scalable products and reusable libraries in Python, Scala, and/or C++, taking advantage of Spark, Hadoop, and other tool stacks as appropriate.
● Developing computational and algorithmic approaches to understand the neurobiological mechanism of neurodisorders
● Interact cross-functionally: work with people across the team to find creative solutions and deliver them
● Skilled at data visualization and presentation The candidate will be called upon to present work at national and international research conferences.
● Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Biomedical Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical discipline.
● Experience with Computer Vision and Deep Learning architectures (CNNs, RNNs, etc).
● Strong foundation in machine learning and data science.
● Programming skills with proficiency in Python, Java, and/or R.
● Experience with neuroimaging/neuroscience studies.
● Experience with machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and/or Keras.
● Experience with biomedical image processing
● Ability to present/visualize outputs to multidisciplinary audience.
Required Application Materials:
● Cover Letter
● Statement of Interest
● Curriculum Vitae
● Contact information from 1-2 references
Guorong Wu, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Computer Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
|Organization||University of North Carolina|