Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging (Cedars-Sinai Medical Center)
Wednesday 16th September 2020
As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will work under the supervision and mentorship of Piotr Slomka, PhD, Director, Innovation in Imaging and Principal Investigator, as part of a medical imaging research and software development team within the Department of Medicine. You will participate in all aspects of the designated study, which aims to optimize the measurement of disease activity in coronary atherosclerosis using integrated 18F-NaF PET/CTA imaging. Duties include development and implementation of new research techniques and protocols, analysis and interpretation of data, and participation in publications and presentations as an author or co-author to support the objectives of the NIH research project. You will work independently, but in close cooperation and consultation with the Mentor/Principal Investigator and other scientists, programmers and physicians.
Responsibilities will include:
• Designs and executes established research projects to support the NIH project objectives under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
• Develops and tests new image processing and software methods.
• Demonstrates current knowledge of new research techniques and protocols through scientific literature review and scientific meeting attendance.
• Presents research results at scientific meetings.
• Publishes results in peer-reviewed journals as author and co-author.
• Performs clinical validation of the study.
• Contributes to preparation of new grant proposals/studies as needed.
• PhD in Computer Science or related field required.
• Proficiency in C++ programming.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Proficiency in mathematics and 3D geometry.
• Experience in image processing, interactive imaging applications and/or computer vision.
• Basis system administration skills.
• Four (4+) years of programming experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others; able to multitask.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a relaxed working environment and flexible hours. For more information about our applications and research, please visit our website: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/slomka.html. Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter and code sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Cedars-Sinai Medical Center|
|Title||Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging (Cedars-Sinai Medical Center)|