Machine Learning Postdoctoral Fellow in Medical Imaging Research (Moffitt Cancer Center)
Wednesday 30th September 2020
The H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is the Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leaders in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science with multidisciplinary experts that spans from the oncological sciences, basic biology, informatics and machine learning/big data technologies to enable greater insights that improve diagnosis and management of the disease. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt’s team of over 1000 researcher faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students and support staff who are dedicated to cancer research.
Summary about the lab.
We are a dynamic research group of multi-disciplinary researchers with a focus to understand cancer biology using imaging, informatics and deep learning approaches. The sub-groups interest are in using high throughput technologies (omics, radiomics) to understand the disease biology and develop models to detect and monitor cancer progression and staging. Imaging modalities of interests are broadly in CT, mpMRI and digital pathology.
Divsion of Quantitative Sciences has over 25 faculty members, 25 staff researchers, postdocs and students spread across the Departments of Machine Learning, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics and Intergrated Mathematical Oncology.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong quantitative skills in the areas of algorithm development, imaging methods, quantitative imaging, data sciences, machine/deep learning.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Knowledge in medical imaging, cancer biology and/or genetics are desirable.
• Strong work ethics that include ability to work both, independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Proficient in programming languages – python, C/C++, MATLAB, R and working in diverse environment – unix/linux, windows, mac.
• Proficienty in working with NVIDIA GPUs, PACS systems would be desirable.
• Learn and Implement research methods that are required for the scientific projects with limited direction or supervision.
• Collaborate with diverse team of expertise in data sciences, oncologist, biostatisticians and work on a variety of cancer projects.
• Develop scientific writing and ability to cohesively present research findings for a research papers, grant proposals and scientific presentations.
• Work to develop research projects and support team work.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Successful postdoctoral candidates must have a Ph.D. in Engineering (electrical, computer science) or Medical physics, Data sciences or related fields with interest in Medical Imaging and relevant research training and experience with exposure to scholarly research activity.
A competitive salary will be based on experience and that includes health benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Relocation assistance is offered to candidates relocating to the Tampa Bay area.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references to Dr. Yoga Balagurunathan, email: Yoganand.Balagurunathan@moffitt.org (OR) firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||Moffitt Cancer Center|
|Title||Machine Learning Postdoctoral Fellow in Medical Imaging Research|