Postdoctoral Fellow in Machine Learning (Moffitt Cancer Center)
Wednesday 30th September 2020
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
• The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Dr. Natarajan Raghunand (http://lab.moffitt.org/raghunand/). Dr. Raghunand is the Director of Radiology Research, faculty member in the Department of Cancer Physiology (https://moffitt.org/research-science/divisions-and-departments/basic-science/cancer-physiology/), and Scientific Director of the Quantitative Imaging (QI) Shared Service at the Moffitt Cancer Center (https://moffitt.org/research-science/shared-resources/quantitative-imaging-core/).
• The candidate will have several opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research at the interface of Imaging Science, Radiology, and Oncology. Dr. Raghunand’s group focuses on imaging research aimed at:
o Synthetic MRI and image prediction to guide radiotherapy, immunotherapy, and chemotherapy of solid tumors.
o Development of differential diagnostics for cancer by machine learning on multiparameter Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mpMRI) and digitized multiplexed immunohistochemistry (MIHC) images.
o Joint reconstruction of mpMRI images from co-registered sparse k-space data to develop translatable mpMRI machine learning diagnostics.
• The candidate will be given opportunities to carry out research leading to potential first-authored peer-reviewed scientific publications in these and other projects.
• The candidate will be provided mentorship and support for career advancement.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Will have a doctoral degree in the areas of computer science, imaging physics, biomedical imaging, signal processing, or allied fields.
• Will have published expertise in machine learning or biomedical imaging.
• Will have good writing skills.
• Develop diagnostic tools using machine learning on multiparameter MRI and digitized multiplexed immunohistochemistry images.
• Collaborate with other members of the group and department.
• Present research findings at internal group meetings.
• Present research findings at scientific conferences.
• Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• Participate in the writing of research grant applications.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• A doctoral degree in a field such as Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Medical Physics, or a related scientific discipline.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Natarajan Raghunand (Natarajan.Raghunand@moffitt.org).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
|Organization||Moffitt Cancer Center|
|Title||Postdoctoral Fellow in Machine Learning|