Postdoctoral Fellows at CBL (University of Houston)
Thursday 19th November 2020
Closing Date: 6/2021
Description: Two postdoctoral positions are available on 1/2021 onwards (latest start date is 6/2021) for an exciting collaborative project between the Computational Biomedicine Lab (CBL), University of Houston, and a leading research lab at the Texas Medical Center.
The position entails innovative research in the field of AI/ML with applications to Healthcare. The candidates will be part of a vibrant and pioneering team (scientists, clinicians, postdocs, graduate students). They will have the opportunity to develop and evaluate AI/ML methods applied to clinical problems. Highly motivated and creative individuals with a recent Ph.D., first-author publications, and a strong drive for research are encouraged to apply asap. To succeed in this position, the applicant needs to be goal-oriented, self-sufficient, and work independently and in groups in a fast-paced research environment.
What we are looking for:
• Talented and creative candidates who enjoy working in a multidisciplinary research environment
• Scholars with publications in top venues.
• Strong deep learning background and programming skills.
• Fluent communication skills (written and presentation) in English are essential
The salary compensation is very competitive. For consideration, please submit your application preferably in one single PDF-document including a cover letter, a full CV, a statement of research interests and career goals, and the names and email addresses of three references to email@example.com, with the subject line "Application: (your name)." For more information, please email Prof. Kakadiaris (firstname.lastname@example.org). The review will be performed as the applications arrive.
• Research at CBL is motivated by fundamental open problems in the broad area of AI/ML, with an emphasis on applications that address some of society’s greatest challenges
• Houston offers an outstanding environment for research and professional opportunities for growth and collaboration, including the largest medical center in the country. UH is an equal employment opportunity employer and smoke-free environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Organization||University of Houston|
|Location||Houston, TX, USA|
|Title||Postdoctoral Fellows at CBL|