Machine Learning and Imaging Analytics Postdoctoral Fellow (Moffitt Cancer Center)
Thursday 3rd December 2020
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Dr. Issam El Naqa seeks to hire a Postdoc to join his lab. The specific project will involve application of advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence to interrogate and integrate imaging and other information (from radiomics to panomics) for predicting response to cancer treatment. The imaging information consist of diagnostic imaging (CT, MRI, PET) in addition to new imaging information acquired during radiotherapy treatment (optical and acoustic imaging): https://moffitt.org/providers/issam-el-naqa/
• The position offers a unique opportunity to work in a world-class research environment, with state-of-the-art facilities and with strong collaboration with many researchers and clinicians from diverse fields.
• It also offers exciting opportunities that include but not limited to developing new algorithms for medical image analysis, image-guidance and adaptation, distributed machine learning, dynamic decision support, and computational modeling of treatment outcomes.
• Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
• Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
• You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Medical image analysis and/or computer vision knowledge.
• Familiarity with conventional machine and deep learning algorithms.
• Good computing and programming skills are important for this position preferably in Matlab, Python or C/C++.
• Develop new algorithms for deep learning with imaging information for predicting and adapting decision making for diagnostic and prognostic radiomics/panomics applications in cancer.
• Collaborate with team members on developing new tools for optimal dynamic decision support applications, manuscript writing, and generating data for grant applications.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• A PhD or equivalent degree in Medical Physics, Physics, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is required.
• Should have at least one first Author publication.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Issam El Naqa (Issam.email@example.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. Moffitt seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
|Organization||Moffitt Cancer Center|
|Title||Machine Learning and Imaging Analytics Postdoctoral Fellow|