Image Analysis Core Manager
The World’s Most Dedicated Never Give Up
Think of what you could achieve if the best possible care was all that mattered. If you had the encouragement and opportunity to truly bond with the patients in your care. And if you could collaborate with the world’s brightest scientists, in a bench-to-bedside environment that put you on the leading edge of clinical breakthroughs for children with cancer, sickle cell, and other life-threatening diseases. It’s possible at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. As a clinical professional with us, you’ll be part of a team that stops at nothing to make a difference in the lives of patients with the rarest of conditions. All while receiving the resources and support you need to advance your career.
Image Analysis Core Manager
The world-renowned investigators in the Department of Developmental Neurobiology at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital seek an Image Analysis Core Manager to manage research and development of computational approaches to analyze microscopy images at large scales and high throughput. An individual skilled in computer vision, image processing, machine learning, and imagery data mining will lead efforts to design novel algorithms to enable our scientists to understand vital biological processes and make a difference in pediatric cancer research. This is an excellent opportunity to work in close collaboration with highly innovative scientists and contribute to studies aimed at understanding brain development and the pathophysiological basis of brain tumors using breakthrough imaging technologies, including the newly developed Lattice Light Sheet Microscope. The Image Analysis Core Manager will be responsible to:
- Perform computational image analysis using extant software packages and custom designed algorithms to visualize and quantitate biologically relevant metrics. Projects include neuronal progenitor/cancer stem cell biology, cell motility/metastasis, epigenetics/chromatin organization, cell polarity, and synapse function.
- Collaborate with an external software development team in the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Imaging, Signals and Machine Learning R&D group to research and design machine-learning based computational approaches to meet the needs of rapidly evolving research.
- Curate, store, update, and share bioimaging analysis software packages or custom developed algorithms.
- Serve as liaison with St. Jude Computational Biology and Information Sciences Departments to facilitate the efforts in these areas.
- Train and support user-directed operation of computational tools when necessary.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
Three (3) years of experience in computing or statistical data analysis that includes programming experience in MATLAB is required.
Experience using Imaris, Amira, ImageJ or Fiji programs and operating within a Linux system is preferred.
Experience with microscopy preferred but not essential. Duties may include assisting with experimental design or data acquisition if there are sufficient hands-on experience with microscopy hardware.
Ready to join a team dedicated to being our best, because we believe anything is possible?
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.