Open Postdoc Positions in deep learning
Postdoctoral Fellowship - Medical Image Analysis and Machine Learning
Two postdoctoral fellowships (Medical Image Analysis and Machine learning) are available in the Opthalmic Technology Lab and Computer vision group at the ARTORG Center, University of Bern (Switzerland). The successful individuals will integrate a diverse and international research enviroment and conduct cutting-edge research in the field of medical imaging and machine learning.
Open positions are unique in that they are not directly tied to a project. As such, candidates are invited to provide a short summary of general themes they would be interested in investigating within their fellowship. Details concerning exact methodology are not required, but general directions in terms of research themes, targetted applications and how these fit within their existing knowledge and future plans should be clearly outlined.
• Develop new machine learning and computer vision methods.
• Co-Supervise PhD and MSc students.
• Writing of scientific publications.
• Possibility to be involved in teaching duites if desired.
• PhD in medical imaging, computer vision, machine learning or other relevant fields.
• Excellent publication record (e.g. at least one publication in MICCAI, CVPR, TMI, MedIA, TPAMI, etc…).
• Strong English communication skills (both written and spoken).
• Experience in deep learning frameworks is a plus.
Flexible but latest October 2017.
1 to 2 years depending on the candidate and with a possibility to extend later on.
About the position:
The University of Bern is located in the heart of Switzerland and the ARTORG Center is a leading Biomedical Engineering Research center embedded within the medical faculty of the University of Bern (www.artorg.unibe.ch). Salaries for post-doctoral fellows start from CHF 81,000 per year - the precise amount to be determined by the University’s department of human resources.
Applications must be sent by email (with subject “[OPPP-04] Postdoc position”) to
Prof. Dr. Raphael Sznitman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and must contain a 1-3 page previous and future research statement, a CV, a list of publications and the names of at least three references (these will be contacted directly for references).