Faculty level scientists, engineers, physicians, surgeons, allied health professionals, students, post-doctoral trainees, and industry scientists with an interest in medical/biomedical image computing and/or computer assisted interventions are invited to join the MICCAI Society. Student fees are reduced to encourage their participation in the Society, but must provide a verifiable certificate or letter from their Head of Department confirming they have formal student status at the time the subscription is paid.
Memberships are payable annually and run from the first day of the current year's conference to the day before the next year's conference. These dates will differ each year depending on the dates of the current conference, but the dates of the upcoming conferences are always known at least three years in advance. Enroll online at the link below, or at the next annual MICCAI Conference.The standard MICCAI Society subscription rate is 100 USD for full members (non-students) and 50 USD for students, although this is offset by the generous discount of the annual conference fee. MICCAI Society membership carries several benefits including:
- Discounted annual MICCAI Conference registration fees
- Discounted subscriptions to three highly regarded peer-reviewed journals in the field that are officially affiliated with the MICCAI Society. Currently, these journals are:
- Access to journal electronic publications and websites
- Opportunity to serve on MICCAI Committees or the Board
- Access to MICCAI Society Member website (includes job postings, conference information, links to relevant websites, and other useful information)
- Eligibility to elect members to the MICCAI Management Board.
- Members of the Society have the opportunity to serve on Society committees, in staff positions and/or on the Board of Directors. While serving on the Board of Directors, they can be candidates for election to the Executive Committee as Society Officers. The MICCAI Society email list of its members is generally not available for any purpose other than official MICCAI Society operations.
- Open Access discount offer for society members with Medical Image Analysis journal
We are delighted to announce that Medical Image Analysis (MedIA) journal has been accepted into the Elsevier Society OA discount pilot. Authors who are current members of the MICCAI Society and wish to open access (OA) their articles are eligible to receive a 20% discount on the Open Access fee for the journal. The full-price price for OA in MedIA is $3,100 USD; thus, the MICCAI member price is $2,480. To receive the discount you select an option when you submit your paper. This is a pilot program that will be reevaluated in the near future, but it presents a wonderful opportunity for MICCAI society members to benefit from our close connection with the journal.