Shape Modeling and Analysis Board
Board Election Process
At the end of their term, the sitting board holds a nomination period within the SIG members in which anybody can nominate a person (in the SIG or not) for a given role. If no roles are mentioned, that person automatically earns a nomination for all roles. Potential nominees then accept or reject their nominations, for a given role.
The nomination period results in a ballot with all the final nominees. The election happens over a 2 week period with a plurality vote (3 votes per role per voter). Those nominees with the most votes for each role get elected into this role.
The elected members of the SIG board will have the following responsibilities.
- The president is responsible for coordinating all functions of the Board
- He/She chairs all Board meetings and sets the Board agenda
- The president promotes and conducts public relations
- The president will co-sign substantial payments with the Treasurer
- The president is elected from among SIG members after public nomination by the SIG members
- The president’s term is 2 years. A president cannot immediately put himself/herself up for nomination at the end of her/his term but can in subsequent elections (in other words it must wait two years to be re-elected)
- The Secretary schedules meetings of the board and the SIG
- The Secretary will assist the president in preparing Agendas for the meetings and shall circulate agendas in advance of meetings.
- The Secretary shall keep an accurate record of all meetings of the Board and will prepare draft minutes to be edited by the president and shall then circulate the minutes to SIG members.
- The Secretary promotes and conducts public relations
- The Secretary is elected from among SIG members after public nomination by the SIG members
- The Secretary’s term is 2 years. A secretary cannot immediately put himself/herself up for nomination at the end of her/his term but can in subsequent elections.
- The Treasurer is primarily responsible for all operations requiring any part of the SIG budget
- The Treasurer shall keep correct, complete and current records of accounts showing the actual financial condition of the SIG account
- The Treasurer shall present a financial report at all regularly scheduled SIG meetings
- The Treasurer will keep a count of SIG members
- The treasurer will keep a count of shape modeling and analysis events
- The treasurer is elected from among SIG members after public nomination by the SIG members
- The treasurer’s term is 2 years. A treasurer cannot immediately put himself/herself up for nomination at the end of her/his term but can in subsequent elections
For decisions that relate to the SIG structure and role, the board will hold bi-yearly general assemblies via Google Hangouts to involve those members interested in providing their opinions on those decisions.
|Guido Gerig (NYU)||Stanley Durrleman (Inria)||Beatriz Paniagua (Kitware)|
The current ShapeMI SIG board was elected in January 2019. New elections will be held in 2021.