Research associate / Doctoral student (m/f/d) Deep Learning in Medical Image Analysis (Ostfalia Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften)
Tuesday 26th January 2021
With its twelve faculties, about 13.000 students and about 1.000 staff Ostfalia is one of the largest Universities of Applied Sciences in Lower Saxony, Germany. More than 90 degree programmes offer excellent interdisciplinary education and individual support for our students at the university’s locations Salzgitter, Suderburg, Wolfsburg and Wolfenbüttel. Our staff find versatile and manifold tasks and opportunities. We offer staff a wide range of benefits, and a stimulating and family-friendly working environment.
The Faculty of Computer Science at Campus Wolfenbüttel is inviting applications for a
Research associate / Doctoral student (m/f/d)
Deep Learning in Medical Image Analysis
The position is part of a research project funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany, and can be filled as soon as possibe. Salary is up to 75% of TV-L 13 German public pay grade (according to previous professional experience). Funding has been granted for a year, but is expected to be extended for an overall period of 3 years.
The applicant is expected to pursue a Ph.D. degree.
The position is assigned to the professorship „Artificial Intelligence“ at Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences. The main research areas of the associated research group are
• the design and analysis of machine learning methods, especially deep learning,
• the application and evaluation of the developed algorithms, currently mainly in the field of medical image processing.
• Working on a scientific, publicly funded project (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) addressing research problems in predicting the vertebral fracture risk based on computed tomography (CT) images, in collaboration with research groups from other German universities and hospital clinics which are part of the consortium.
• Implementing and evaluating the developed algorithms and thoroughly analysing the experimental results.
• Documenting and publishing your results in scientific papers (conference and journal contributions).
• Integrating the developed algorithms into a common prototype of the consortium.
• Supervising student theses in the context of the project.
• Supporting research and teaching activities of the professorship when needed.
• You have completed a scientific study programme (Master of Science) in computer science or a comparable subject with higher-than-average final grade („2.0“, i.e. „good“, or better).
• You have profound experiences in machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and medical image processing.
• You have excellent programming skills, especially in Python and C++.
• You are fluent in English (and ideally have also some knowledge of German).
• You have excellent analytical skills and love to develop new concepts as well as to improve existing solutions, based on thorough analysis.
• You arehighly motivated and committed, team-oriented and highly self-motivated.
You will find a stimulating and collaborative research environment and the opportunity to cooperate with excellent research groups in a publicly funded consortium. Furthermore, we offer the possibility to exand your personal qualification in a scientific context via cooperations and participation at conferences.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Carsten Meyer, firstname.lastname@example.orgWould you like to know more about working at Ostfalia?
The following general notes apply:
Your overall working hours are 29.85 hours per week (75%). This position is not suite for part-time work. Remuneration is based on the German public pay grade TV-L 13. Based on the gender equality act of Lower Saxony (NGG“), Ostfalia is working towards achieving a balanced gender ratio in all pay grades. Since men are underrepresented in the according pay grade at Ostfalia, we are warmly encouraging applications for this position from male candidates.
In case of equal qualification we give preference to severely disabled persons and persons with equal status. To make this possible please give some indication regarding the disability or equal status in your application or the curriculum vitae.
Please send your application documents including a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates and references until February 19, 2021, quoting the reference number „Tom 015 20“, to
Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences – Hochschule Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel, Dezernat 2, Salzdahlumer Str. 46/48, 38302 Wolfenbüttel, Germany
oder via E-mail to email@example.com.
|Organization||Ostfalia Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften|
|Title||Research associate / Doctoral student (m/f/d) Deep Learning in Medical Image Analysis|