Postdoc (University of North Carolina)
Thursday 11th February 2021
Close when the position is filled up
The ACM Lab in the Department of Psychiatry, Computer Science, and Neuroscience Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill seeks a talented, highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a background in biomedical image processing with the focus on image registration and shape analysis. The ACM Lab is developing computational tool to understand how genetic factors affect brain structure using tissue clearing and microscopic technologies.
Responsibilities for this position include a combination of:
● Developing image registration algorithm for large-scale microscopy images of mouse brain.
● Developing computational and algorithmic approaches to understand the brain development.
● Interact cross-functionally: work with people across the team to find creative solutions and deliver them
● Skilled at data visualization and presentation The candidate will be called upon to present work at national and international research conferences.
● Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Biomedical Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical discipline.
● Experience with computer vision and medical imaging.
● Strong foundation in machine learning and data science.
● Programming skills with proficiency in Python, C/C++, and/or Matlab.
● Experience with neuroimaging/neuroscience studies.
● Experience with biomedical image processing
● Ability to present/visualize outputs to multidisciplinary audience.
Required Application Materials:
● Cover Letter
● Statement of Interest
● Curriculum Vitae
● Contact information from 3 references
Guorong Wu, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
|Organization||University of North Carolina|