Two PHD positions Artificial Intelligence in Medical Imaging (Delft University of Technology)
Wednesday 3rd March 2021
The “Knowledge-Driven AI Lab” (KDAI Lab) at the Department of Imaging Physics, Faculty of Applied Sciences is devoted to the development and application of AI in applied sciences. We aim to strengthen today’s data-driven AI through integrating fundamental knowledge of imaging physics.
KDAI has 2 PhD vacancies for AI research in medical imaging:
(1) Research on AI methods integrating imaging physics. Your role is to develop AI methods that go beyond the data-driven principle and actively integrate the imaging physics of data.
(2) Research on explainable medical imaging AI. You role is to investigate explainable AI (XAI), in the scenario of medical imaging.
• An MSc degree in (applied) physics, (applied) mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, data science, artificial intelligence, or related fields.
• Interest in modern AI principles and applications.
• Proficiency in programming languages C/C++, Matlab, Python.
• Proficiency in written and verbal English.
• The ability to work in a team, take initiative, and be results-oriented.
• An affinity with teaching and guiding students.
• An affinity with medical imaging, image analysis, and clinical applications will be a plus.
Conditions of employment
TU Delft offers DAI-Lab PhD-candidates a 5-year contract, with an official go/no go progress assessment after one year. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, increasing from € 2395 per month in the first year to € 3217 in the fifth year.
As a PhD candidate you will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School. The TU Delft Graduate School provides an inspiring research environment with an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff and a mentor. The Doctoral Education Programme is aimed at developing your transferable, discipline-related and research skills.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, discounts on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation.
|Organization||Delft University of Technology|
|Location||Delft, The Netherlands|
|Title||Two PHD positions Artificial Intelligence in Medical Imaging|