Computer Scientist / Data Scientist, MSK Radiology (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
Wednesday 7th April 2021
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is a world-renowned organization dedicated to the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research, and education. The MSK Radiology Department is growing its artificial intelligence research program towards improving tumor detection, characterization, and treatment response assessment, with the ultimate goal of improving cancer care.
We are looking for a computer scientist / data scientist to collaborate on the development of radiology imaging deep learning models performing lesion detection, classification, image coregistration, and segmentation. The projects will utilize multiple imaging modalities including MRI, nuclear scintigraphy, and radiography. You will be working closely with the Principal Investigators from the Department of Radiology in collaboration with other research scientists, software engineers, physicians, and the clinical research team.
The computer scientist / data scientist candidate should expect first authorship on multiple publications resulting from this work, with the opportunity to present results at national meetings. MSK provides a supportive environment for research trainees, as well as career development guidance and mentoring.
- Currently pursuing your PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field OR recently graduated and are looking to begin a postdoctoral fellowship.
- Enthusiastic about computer vision challenges including object detection, classification, and segmentation.
- A computer scientist / data scientist with an ability to build scalable data pipelines for ingesting medical imaging data.
- Eager to learn and contribute within a multidisciplinary team of radiologists, engineers, research scientists, and clinical oncology staff to improve cancer care.
- Design and implement data pipelines for the curation of image labels and preprocessing of radiologic images including MRI, nuclear scans, and radiography.
- Lead the design, training and testing of tumor detection, classification, and segmentation deep learning models utilizing new, high quality image label datasets.
- A strong foundation in machine learning methodologies for computer vision tasks.
- Strong Python coding skills including employment of deep learning libraries (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow / Keras).
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with radiology image file formats (e.g., DICOM, NIFTI).
- Familiarity with container technologies (e.g., Docker, Singularity).
MSK offers a competitive annual salary and benefits. MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
|Organization||Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Title||Computer Scientist / Data Scientist, MSK Radiology|
|Email Address||swinburn [at] mskcc [dot] org|