Computer Vision Engineer (SAS)
Monday 26th April 2021
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Computer Vision Engineer in the Advanced Analytics Division at SAS, you will research and develop image processing methodologies. Our team’s mission is this: we seek to inspire and empower the world through SAS image analytics software. To do that, we design, develop, and document basic as well as advanced extensions to SAS Platforms that process image data at scale, including both photographic and medical imagery. You will be joining an innovative, agile, and dynamic team to expand SAS’s artificial intelligence portfolio.
If you like hard problems, this is the team for you. If you synthesize data structures and novel algorithms while mowing the lawn, this may be the right team for you. If you get excited by problem solving and have a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, welcome to the team.
You are a developer AND a researcher (possessing strong analytical and research chops). You are someone that is comfortable dissecting research papers, and at the same time, working heavily on production-quality software that will make it into the hands of our customers.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial software development.
- Demonstrated background in Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with image or video processing.
- Some background in artificial intelligence, machine learning, or deep learning.
- Experience developing in C or C++.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
The nice to haves
- Master's degree.
- Experience with:
- Python programming;
- Image processing libraries such as
OpenCV and ITK;
- Building systems that process large
volumes of data;
- Distributed computing environments;
- Using TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch or
similar deep learning library;
- Practicing DevOps philosophies,
including Continuous Integration;
- Containerization and container
- Test Driven Development.
- Agile software development.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
|Location||Remote, or on-site at Cary, North Carolina, USA|
|Title||Computer Vision Engineer|