3D Graphics Software Engineer - Medical Computing (Kitware Inc)
Tuesday 27th April 2021
Kitware's Medical Computing team solves complex healthcare challenges through customized software solutions. The team provides research, development, and technology integration services to research centers, universities and companies in the medical and biomedical sectors. By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic multidisciplinary work environment with exceptionally talented computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers and biomedical engineers.
About the projects:
We build powerful software solutions using our well-established open source platforms including VTK, ITK, 3D Slicer, Pulse, iMSTK, CMake and ParaView. These platforms are mature, supported, documented, and thoroughly tested software systems that are in use by tens of thousands of developers and end-users worldwide. Our commercial projects involve generating solutions for medical device companies from ultrasound and preclinical imaging companies, to surgery device companies. Our research projects involve collaborations with top research institutions, including Harvard Medical School, MIT, Cleveland Clinic, Duke University, and others and build on our open source platforms.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with others to design, develop, and improve visualization software applications using VTK, 3D Slicer and ParaView across a wide range of computing environments including but not limited to Windows and Unix/OS X
- Contribute software for our research and commercial collaborations.
- Have the opportunity and be expected to learn new programming languages and contribute code to large already existing software codebases
- B.S. and 3 to 5 years experience or advanced degree in computer science or software engineering with emphasis in visualization and computer graphics.
- Highly proficient in C++ programming
- Experience with VTK visualization and rendering pipeline.
- Experience with 3D rendering APIs (OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with medical image visualization and standards like DICOM
- Experience with virtual reality
- Experience in GUI development using Qt /QML technologies
- Have creative skills in GUI design, human-computer interaction, look and feel strategies, and user experience improvement.
- Familiarity with high-quality software practices (test-driven development, documentation, software review processes, and cross-platform support).
Kitware collaborates with customers to solve the world’s most complex scientific challenges through customized software solutions. Kitware delivers innovation by focusing on advanced technical computing, state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, and full-spectrum software solutions. Since its founding in 1998, Kitware has developed a reputation for deep customer understanding and technical expertise, honest interactions, and open innovation. We are proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. For additional information, please visit kitware.com. You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Kitware is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
|Location||Carrboro, NC or Remote (US only)|
|Title||3D Graphics Software Engineer - Medical Computing|