Medical Image Analysis Researcher (Kitware Inc)
Tuesday 27th April 2021
Kitware's Medical Computing team solves complex healthcare challenges through customized software solutions. The team provides research, development, and technology integration services to research centers, universities and companies in the medical and biomedical sectors. By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic multidisciplinary work environment with exceptionally talented computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers and biomedical engineers.
About the projects:
We build powerful software solutions using our well-established open source platforms including VTK, ITK, 3D Slicer, Pulse, iMSTK, CMake and ParaView. These platforms are mature, supported, documented, and thoroughly tested software systems that are in use by tens of thousands of developers and end-users worldwide. Our commercial projects involve generating solutions for medical device companies from ultrasound and preclinical imaging companies, to surgery device companies. Our research projects involve collaborations with top research institutions, including Harvard Medical School, MIT, Cleveland Clinic, Duke University, and others and build on our open source platforms.
In this position you will
- Develop advanced image analysis and machine learning algorithms, that will be deployed as part of software applications for medicine that are used by people and customers, every day, around the world.
- Extend the capabilities of VTK, ITK and 3D Slicer to meet the needs of academic and commercial users as they investigate new medical procedures and imaging systems, release innovative products, and improve all aspects of patient care.
- Collaborate with world-class coworkers and external collaborators on dynamic, fast-paced projects.
- Receive support, resources and encouragement to seek funding to grow and develop your own projects and research areas.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field with emphasis in medical image analysis and machine learning.
- Highly innovative and demonstrated track record for solving difficult technical challenges using medical image analysis algorithms.
- Strong foundations in Algorithms, Data Structures, Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Optimization, Probability, and/or Statistics.
- Strong publication record in relevant journals and conferences such as (but not limited to) TMI, MICCAI, SPIE MI, ISBI and/or IPMI.
- Familiarity with open-source toolkits and applications for medical image analysis and machine learning such as ITK, VTK, Slicer, scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras and/or PyTorch.
- Experience programming in C/C++ and Python.
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is a fast-moving and ever-changing company. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
|Location||Carrboro, NC or Remote (US only)|
|Title||Medical Image Analysis Researcher|