Web Developer for Medical Computing Applications (Kitware Inc)
Tuesday 27th April 2021
Kitware is actively seeking a talented Web Developer to join our team of software engineers supporting the development of web-based medical computing applications.
At Kitware, we concentrate on advancing the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products. For this, we collaborate on a multitude of basic and applied research and development projects. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, oil and gas companies, financial institutes, government organizations, and many others.
By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment with exceptionally talented and friendly coworkers who are committed to high-quality development practices. The ideal candidate will:
-Collaborate with our distributed research and development engineering team as well as external collaborators and customers to design and implement new features and fix bugs for our platforms and web applications
-Contribute to the overall architecture design of web applications
-Maintain scalability, code integrity, and usability of applications
-Participate in our team’s software quality assurance practices
-Work concurrently on multiple projects for a variety of customers
-Be an excellent communicator with both local and remote teammates
-Translate scientific requirements of collaborators into technical and architectural application requirements
-Apply scientific computing algorithms to solve medical computing problems with modern web technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area, plus 3-5 years experience in web development that includes turning design specifications into production APIs for clients.
- Back-end service programming in Python
- Experience with Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Knowledge of HTTP and related standards such as REST
- Experience with quality software process tools and methodologies, such as Git, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Experience designing and building software solutions from the ground up based on business requirements
- Proficiency with modern web-dev application frameworks such as React.js, Vue.js, django, fastapi, flask and/or infrastructure technologies such as AWS
- Numerical computing with WebAssembly
- Experience using type safety technologies like mypy and Typescript
- Ability to build secure web applications that protect against common attack vectors
- Experience with machine learning (deep learning) applications
- Experience building web-based medical image analysis and visualization applications
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
We partner with premier government R&D agencies such as DARPA, IARPA, AFRL, ONR, and NRL; branches of the US military; and members of the intelligence community on a range of efforts including prime contracts, SBIRs, and STTRs. In addition, we provide commercial services to companies ranging from tiny startups to Fortune 500 internet companies. By joining our team, you will be contributing your expertise to develop robust solutions for real-world, challenging problems that directly enhance our national security.
Kitware employs an open source business model to foster extended, collaborative communities, and to provide flexible, high-quality technical solutions. If you’ve used CMake, ITK, or VTK, you know our work and the impact it has on the communities we help build
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks and snacks..
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
|Location||Carrboro, NC or Remote (US only)|
|Title||Web Developer for Medical Computing Applications|