Research Scientist (iHealthScreen Inc)
Monday 24th May 2021
Closing date: June 30, 2021
iHealthScreen Inc., New York is a newly formed startup (NIH Funded ~$2.5M) that has a multidisciplinary team from Senior Professors, research scientists, research engineers and assistants, and software developers in Medicine and Computer Science. The team has established and refined an AI platform for real-time image and data analysis for retinal and systemic disease (e.g., heart disease and stroke) prediction.
We are looking for a postdoctoral scientist in the Imaging Research (clinical imaging) research across various modalities (color fundus imaging, OCT, MRI, CT, PET, etc.) with the goal of improving diagnostic imaging methodologies and enhancing the role of noninvasive imaging for evaluation of novel therapies in pre-clinical and clinical studies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
• Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
• Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: image and video classification, object recognition, event detection, forensics, caption generation, etc.
• May assist in preparation of grant proposals but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
• Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing and new products).
• Contribute to the research community via publications in top tier venues, participation in program committees, etc.
• Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc.), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
• Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
• Ph.D. in Medical Imaging, Computer Science or related fields.
• Outstanding publication record (PAMI, TMI, CVPR, ICCV, etc.).
• Experience in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments and demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
• Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
Why you should work here:
You will have the opportunity to work in a great R&D team to deploy market ready products. The company already has AI based software products which are CE certified and distributed in EU market, and in the process of FDA clearance. Also:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
• Competitive compensation package.
• No State and city tax on salary as iHealthScreen is a StartUP NY company
• Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
• 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
We anticipate your best and support you with:
• a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
• opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
• individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
• generous leave and flexible hours.
Job Duration: 2 years and possible extension.
Location: Richmond Hill, New York City
Start Date: July 01, 2021 (flexible dates).
|Location||New York, NY|