Postdoc Computer Scientist
Saturday 3rd September 2022
Organization Medical University of Vienna, University Clinic of Dentistry
Location Vienna, Austria
Title Postdoc Computer Scientist
Email Address email@example.com
Description 19. September 2022
Medical University of Vienna, University Clinic of Dentistry, Vienna, Austria (AUT)
€ 56,861 gross/year
Full Time (40h/w)
The position is offered for 1 year with the option of extension.
The position is offered within the frame of a funded project by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG), entitled “Development of a deep learning-based decision support system for classification of oral dysplasia grades”. The project is a joint project between the Medical University of Vienna/University Clinic of Dentistry (www.unizahnklinik-wien.at), TissueGnostics GmbH (www.tissuegnostics.com) and Danube Private University (www.dp-uni.ac.at). The position provides the possibility to work in a multidisciplinary team including experts from biology, medicine and computer science in both academic and industrial environments as well as working in one of the most trending medical image analysis fields.
• developing robust, accurate and novel deep learning-based algorithms to perform segmentation and classification in oral histological images (nuclei-based level, patch-based level and whole slide image level) and correlating the results from different analytic levels
• producing interpretable deep learning-based algorithms
• creating and controlling annotation frameworks for different objects and structures in oral histological images
• publishing and communicating scientific data in journals and at conferences
• supervising master students
• working and communicating with the TissueGnostics development team to integrate the developed methods into the commercial TissueGnostics advanced image analysis software StrataQuest
• PhD degree in computer science, biomedical engineering, bioinformatics or a related field
• strong publication record in subject-specific journals and peer-reviewed conferences
• experience with deep learning and convolutional neural networks
• experience with computer vision tasks (e.g. instance segmentation, semantic segmentation, classification, detection etc.)
• experience with Python and one of the deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow or PyTorch)
• excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written), motivation and ability to work independently
• integration into an academic and industrial network including mentors with expertise in biology, medicine and computer science
• working at an internationally renowned academic and industrial institution
• living and working in a city that ranks first in several international quality of life comparisons between cities and provides a scenic, safe and culturally vibrant home to almost two million inhabitants
Please include a cover letter, CV and publication list in your application documents.
Submit your application documents to Dr. Klara Janjić (klara.janjic(at)meduniwien.ac.at) including all required application documents.
Deadline: Evaluation of applications starts on September 19th, 2022 until filled.