Scientist, Digital Pathology
Wednesday 14th September 2022
Organization Gilead Sciences
Location Foster City, CA, USA
Title Scientist, Digital Pathology
Email Address email@example.com
***** if attending MICCAI 2022 in Singapore, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have a brief in-person discussion about the position *****
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated image analysis scientist to join the Pathobiology group in support of discovery research and development projects throughout Gilead Sciences pipeline at our headquarter in Foster City, CA
The successful candidate will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify and validate novel drug targets and further our understanding of the pathobiology in areas of oncology, fibrosis, virology, and inflammation.
Scope of responsibilities include research and development of AI based image analysis pipelines, customizing and executing high-throughput workflows and generating decisive data presentations. You will have a background in computer science, physics or related quantitative discipline. Experience with open source image analysis and deep-learning software packages (e.g. Matlab, Python) as well as knowledge of image analysis techniques (e.g. filtering signal channels, object segmentation, feature detection and classification, spatial analysis) is required.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Evaluate and implement new computational approaches in digital pathology to extract histopathological endpoints and conduct spatial analyses
- Collaborate with cross-functional scientific colleagues to design and execute meaningful analytic strategies for tissue-based endpoints.
- Communicate effectively through reports, presentations and publications with non-expert scientific stakeholders.
- Identify best practices and innovation opportunities relevant to image analysis projects.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
• Graduate degree (MSc or PhD) in computer science/engineering, physics, mathematics or related discipline. Postdoctoral experience is a plus.
• Programming skills and experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Matlab, Python) is essential
• Experience in designing convolutional neural networks and their applications to image processing and computer vision
• Familiarity with the AWS cloud is a plus
• Analysis experience using whole-slide images is preferred.
• Expertise in predictive modeling using statistical and machine learning methods
• Experience in manipulating, analyzing and visualizing large internal, public and commercial datasets and is a plus
• Familiarity with cell biology and microscopy is a plus
• if attending MICCAI 2022 in Singapore please contact email@example.com to have a brief discussion about the position,
• otherwise please apply directly at Gilead Career site for R0028133
or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org