Machine learning for lung and heart disease
Friday 23rd September 2022
Organization University of British Columbia
Location Vancouver, BC, Canada
Title Machine learning for lung and heart disease
Email Address email@example.com
Description The aim of the research project is the development of computational methods, based on machine learning, in managing post-COVID-19 related lung and heart complications, using point-of-care ultrasound imaging. The candidate will be closely interacting with clinicians, scientists, and engineers. The successful candidate will be based at the University of British Columbia located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The research will be conducted at the Center for Heart Lung and Innovation housed within Providence Health Care's St. Paul's Hospital in the heart of downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The candidate will be a graduate student at the School of Biomedical Engineering.
- A Masters degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Good knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Experience in using deep learning techniques for solving medical imaging problems (e.g., classification, detection, segmentation).
- Experience in Python, Matlab, and C++ programming.
- Working knowledge with PyTorch, TensorFlow (or any alternatives).
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Publication records at top machine learning or medical imaging conferences.
Please email your cover letter, and CV combined into a single PDF document