Wednesday 4th May 2022
Organization University of Florida
Location Gainesville, Florida, USA
Title Postdoctoral Associate
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18 May 2022
Dr. Shao’s lab in the Department of Medicine at the University of Florida is seeking multiple highly creative and motivated postdoctoral researchers in the areas of medical image processing and artificial intelligence. The candidate will be responsible for developing machine learning methods to solve challenging problems in medical image analysis, including (1) multi-modal image registration, (2) multi-organ image segmentation, (3) imaging biomarkers for disease diagnosis, localization, staging, and treatment planning. The project has the potential for very productive findings in terms of publications and innovative clinical implications. The successful candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team consists of computer scientists, radiologists, pathologists, urologists, and surgeons at the University of Florida, Stanford University, and the University of California, Santa Cruz.
Salary is negotiable, commensurate with education and experience.
• A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related fields.
• Research experience in machine learning, image processing, or computer vision.
• Familiar with at least one deep learning library, e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow/Keras.
• First-authorship in peer-reviewed articles.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently.
• Experience with medical imaging data, e.g., MRI, ultrasound, CT, X-ray, ultrasound, and histopathology.
• Experience with medical image processing tools, e.g., ITK, SimpleITK, and VTK.
• Candidates with experience in radiomics, medical image segmentation, and medical image registration are strongly encouraged to apply.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Please upload your CV, a cover letter describing your past research experience, career goals, and future research interests and contact information of three references.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
If you have any questions regarding this position, you may e-mail Dr. Wei Shao at email@example.com.