Reinforcing Inclusiveness & diverSity and Empowering MICCAI in Low-to-Middle Income Countries
- Researchers of under-represented origins (Africa, Latin America, South/South-East Asian, and Middle-East) who work in the field of Medical Image Computing and Computer-Aided Interventions (MICCAI) are barely represented in the community (~around 2% participation to MICCAI 2020).
- Strengthen the presence of minority researchers from Low-to-Middle Income Countries (LMIC) in MICCAI.
- Build collaborative bridges across countries and co-develop international cutting-edge research projects in medicine with a wider global outreach and impact.
- Propel inclusiveness and geographic diversity within MICCAI,
- Strengthen the presence of minority researchers in Low-to-Middle Income Countries (LMICs) at MICCAI,
- Empower MICCAI researchers in LMICs,
- Pave the way for future research stars to rise in LMICs and under-represented communities, and
- Build a strong research network within LMICs as well as across continents and different parties to help reduce global disparities in health and imaging.
Become a RISE Member
Become a member of the RISE network to Reinforce Inclusiveness & diverSity and Empower minority researchers in Low-Middle Income Countries (LMIC) by filling out the following form:
By completing the RISE membership Google form, you will join the RISE network and receive notifications about our upcoming free training programs/tutorials and summer/winter schools in AI, machine learning, deep learning with application to affordable medical imaging and healthcare in general. You will also be notified about events related to:
- Networking: organizing events, hosting conferences, cross-continent collaborations, and more.
- Research and collaborations: co-authorship in scientific publications, joint research grants, research lab visits, and more.
- Clinical datasets: collection, curation, cross-continent biobanks, and more.
- Mentorship: summer/winter schools, organizing joint workshops, training programs in AI and medicine, etc.
- Start-up and entrepreneurship
RISE 2022 Board Members
President: Islem Rekik, Istanbul Technical University
Deputy: Shadi Albarquoni, University of Bonn & Helmholtz AI
Secretary: Ahmed Shahin, University College London
Public Outreach: Andrea Lara, Galileo University
Industry Liaison: Charles Delahunt, Global Health Labs