Dear MICCAI Society Member:
We are re-opening our call for bid proposals to host the MICCAI conference in 2026, which according to the agreed rotation between continents, will be held in Area 1 The Americas. A map of the Areas can be found here. Proposals for MICCAI 2026 shall be planned as a primarily in-person event with some online attendance.
Intent to Bid submissions will be assessed by the MICCAI Conference Affairs Working Group and a selection of teams will be invited to further develop their proposal and present their bid to the MICCAI Board of Directors, who will make the final selection.
Please refer to the Bid Guidelines to guide you when developing your proposal.
Note: Bids are not accepted from Tourism offices or Convention Centres. Only bids from active society members will be accepted.
The MICCAI Society Board Secretariat and PCO can help in preparing bids. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org at an early stage to discuss your proposal.
Deadlines are as follows:
- Jun 30, 2023: Notice of Intent to Bid Submission Deadline
- Jul 15, 2023: A selection of teams will be invited to develop their proposal and submit a full bid (see Bid Guidelines)
- Sep 15, 2023: Full Bid Submission Deadline (Powerpoint presentation and budget spreadsheet)
- Oct 7, 2023 (Saturday): Final bid presentation (in-person) to the MICCAI board on-site at the MICCAI 2023 Conference in Vancouver, Canada. Presentation will take place in the afternoon (1 day prior to the start of the Conference). Please ensure your travel plans are arranged accordingly.
- Nov 1, 2023: Final decision
With our best regards,
The MICCAI Conference Affairs Working Group.