Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroimaging
Wednesday 18th January 2023
Organization Massachusetts General Hospital
Location Charlestown, MA
Title Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroimaging
Email Address email@example.com
Description A full time Post-Doctoral Research Fellow for neuroimaging research is available at the Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital, for an NIH-funded project studying imaging markers in preclinical Alzheimer’s disease and vulnerable aging. This project combines the highly impactful domains of ultra-high resolution ex vivo MRI and histology to investigate structure and neuropathology in healthy aging and Alzheimer’s disease. It is a great opportunity for training in human systems neuroscience, clinical applications, neuropathology, the application of ultra-high-resolution neuroimaging, and brain mapping. This 2-3 year position offers numerous opportunities to lead publications and work with unique datasets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Post-Doctoral Fellow’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Work with and analyze high resolution 7T MRI data, histopathology data, histochemistry data, and immunohistochemistry data
* Perform validation experiments between the domains of high-resolution imaging and histology
* Model complex datasets, including imaging (3T MRI) clinical data.
* Coordinate the acquisition of high-quality data with others in our team.
* Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
* Prior experience in imaging or computer science.
* Established quantitative and statistical skills
* Familiarity with neuroscience and a passion for research
* Excellent writing skills and strong capacity to drive first author publications
* CONTACT INFORMATION:
Send applications by email to Dr. Jean Augustinack (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a CV, cover letter and names of three references.