Postdoctoral position in deep learning for medical image analysis
Tuesday 28th February 2023
Organization Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital
Location Boston, MA, USA
Title Postdoctoral position in deep learning for medical image analysis
Email Address email@example.com
Closing date: 2023-03-31
The Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging invites applications for a postdoctoral research fellow position at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. This position is part of a multi-year NIH-funded project pursuing improvements in medical image processing and acquisition through the development of novel deep-learning technology. Its focus is on segmentation and registration techniques with applications to fetal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead high-impact publications, with scope for self-directed research, and receive training in machine learning and computer vision, medical image analysis, clinical applications, and MRI acquisition. Based on performance and availability of funding, the appointment is for 2-3 years. The candidate will be supervised by Dr. Malte Hoffmann, in collaboration with Dr. Bruce Fischl and Dr. Adrian Dalca.
- Develop deep-learning algorithms for medical image analysis
- Work with and analyze neuroimaging data acquired with MRI
- Prepare articles and abstracts for scientific journals and conferences
- Assist with the preparation of applications for research grants
- PhD in engineering, computer science, neuroscience, or a related field
- Experience with deep learning for medical image processing or analysis
- Strong programming skills in Python, MATLAB, or a similar environment
- Excellent writing skills and ability to drive first-author publications
- Vibrant research environment with many opportunities for training and collaboration
- Full-time position with flexible work schedule available immediately in Boston, MA
- Option for promotion to faculty track at Harvard Medical School
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience
- Discounted public transport ticket for the Greater Boston area
Send your cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.