AI-Enabled Cardiovasdcular MRI : Technical Development and Clinical Deployment
Friday 3rd March 2023
Organization Harvard Medical School
Location Boston, MA
Title AI-Enabled Cardiovasdcular MRI : Technical Development and Clinical Deployment
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: A postdoctoral fellowship is available at Cardiovascular MR Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School (cardiacmr.hms.harvard.edu) in MRI method developments for cardiac and lung imaging . You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of MRI and AI scientists and cardiologists to develop next-generation cardiovascular MR technologies. As a postdoc, you will lead technical projects in imaging technology and be responsible for creating project plans and implementing and evaluating new pulse sequences and image reconstruction algorithms. The postdoc receives mentorship and support as they continue to develop their professional career from Drs. Nezafat and Manning. You will also work closely with our industrial and academic partners.
Our imaging training program offers substantial scientific and imaging resources within a stimulating and collegial, interdisciplinary research environment. As a research fellow, you work in an amazing environment that brings together world-renowned clinicians and innovative imaging researchers to build technologies that improve the care of patients with cardiovascular disease. You will also receive additional training offered at Harvard Catalyst (https://catalyst.harvard.edu/courses/) to advance your career.
The position is offered for two years and may be extended based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. The salary range for the position is $60,000 – $75,000 Annually. Actual salaries depend on experience and education.
• You will lead the design and implementation of innovative MRI methods for cardiovascular and lung imaging. The project focus will be image acquisition, reconstruction, or analysis.
• Conduct research in state-of-the-art deep learning models focusing on cardiovascular imaging.
• Collaborate with other lab members and our industry partner, Siemens Healthineers, to implement and integrate your novel methods into clinical MRI scanners.
• Provide technical guidance to lab members on projects at the intersection of engineering, radiology, and cardiology.
• Highly motivated candidate with a recent Ph.D. degree in biomedical engineering, physics, computer science, or electrical engineering
• Strong background in MR physics
• Prior experience with pulse sequence programming
• Excellent coding skills in C++ and Python. Skills and ability to quickly prototype in Python are a must.
• Strong hands-on experience with deep learning tools (e.g., PyTorch or TensorFlow-Keras).
• Track record of peer-reviewed publications in MRI method development with at least three first-author peer-reviewed publications
• Strong communication and writing skills.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references to Dr. Nezafat, email@example.com