PostDoc in Deep Learning for Retinal Imaging in Vienna
Thursday 7th September 2023
Organization Medical University of Vienna
Location Vienna, Austria
Title PostDoc in Deep Learning for Retinal Imaging in Vienna
Closing date Oct 15, 2023
Description OPTIMA group (https://optima.meduniwien.ac.at) at Medical University of Vienna is seeking an exceptionally motivated postdoc to strengthen our interdisciplinary team working on artificial intelligence (AI) for medical image analysis. As part of a multidisciplinary and multinational project you will be leading exciting research, at the interface of machine learning and medicine. The research focuses on building robust, reliable and explainable AI for interpreting retinal pathology from 3D optical coherence tomography (OCT) images of human eye to enable Trustworthy AI solutions.
The successful candidate will be immersed into an interdisciplinary environment working closely with a team of computer scientists, software engineers and medical doctors. Advancements will have a real-world impact on clinical management of patients suffering from age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a leading cause of blindness today.
- PhD degree (or soon to be completed) in a relevant discipline.
- Strong publication record in relevant journals and conferences.
- Excellent programming skills and experience in machine and deep learning.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, as well as written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to meet deadlines, co-supervise PhD students, and work autonomously.
- Access to extremely large multi-modal, curated, and annotated medical imaging datasets.
- Access to a dedicated high-performance computing cluster containing the latest generation GPUs.
- Collaboration with several renowned academic research institutions, as well as a partnership with imaging device and pharmaceutical companies.
Applicants with an excellent academic record should send an email to Hrvoje Bogunović (email@example.com) with:
- Cover letter (two-page max) indicating your interests and why your expertise is relevant.
- CV including a publication list.
- Contact details of two references.
Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply!
The initial appointment will be for one year with the possibility of extension. Health and social insurance is fully covered.
Salary is prescribed by the university wage agreement, and a minimum gross yearly salary is €60,000.